ACTORS EQUITY:
A Labor Union for Professional Performers and Stage mangers. It helps up hold rules and regulations that protect those in the Arts. I intend to join it at some point in the future. You become a member based on a point system. For more information checkout the official website Actors Equity. I felt the need to talk about ACTORS EQUITY after hearing about the stuntman who got injured in the Broadway show, SPIDERMAN: TURN OFF THE DARK. Being apart of a Union is really beneficial in a situation like that, for compensation and other legalities to be worked out. Unpaid Performers, who are not affiliated with the Union are not guaranteed the same protections. But on the bright side, whether paid or unpaid, Equity or non-Equity, the true reward for any performer is the gratitude of the audience. There is NOTHING like audience applause! I know that's why I do it. ; )
No comments:
Post a Comment