Thursday, December 30, 2010

MUSICAL THEATER FACT OF THE DAY! ( A BOOK YOU MUST READ!)

So, I was in BARNSANDNOBLE yesterday,and I thanks to my NOOK, and its nifty feature that allows you search the net, and read books for free in store. I discovered a book called THEATER GEEK.  Let me tell you, I did not want to stop reading! (even though I had to, once I left the store, haha). I was just enthralled even by the prologue! and I hardly ever read prologues! What drew me into this book was the fact that it documents what it is like to attend a real life Performing Arts Summer Camp, called STAGE DOOR MANOR. I had never heard of such a place, so I really enjoyed reading about it's history and the experiences of the campers who attended ( and quite a few have gone on to do great things!).  I have not yet finished the book (I need to download the rest), but for someone who loves theater as much as I do THEATER GEEK IS A MUST READ! So I am gonna download it and finish reading as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment