Wednesday, January 5, 2011

BROADWAY/ WEST END NEWS UPDATE!

The actress Keira Knightley has been cast in a West End (London) revival of the THE CHILDREN'S HOUR by Lilian Hellman, set to open later this month. This is my first time hearing about her performing on stage, so I find that quite interesting. I also hear that cast also includes other film actors. THE CHILDREN'S HOUR is quite an intense an interesting play. Not only have I read it, I have also performed a scene from it for a class, which I really enjoyed doing. If Knighley's performance on stage is as good as her performances in films, this should be quite a good production. To read more about this up and coming production  of THE CHILDREN'S  HOUR visit this link to the article at Playbill.com.

In other news IN THE HEIGHTS closes on Broadway on the 9th! ( I found this out also thanks to Playbill.com ) Wish I would have gotten to see the Broadway cast :( {should have jetted to NY over break! lol} , Particularly because the original Usnavi, Benny  and Sonny are closing the show ( I believe) but aww well, at least there are YOUTUBE clip's ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment