Saturday, January 15, 2011

MEASURE FOR MEASURE

    Today I went to an audition for a local production of Shakespeare's MEASURE for MEASURE.  Now, even though I have taken classes on acting for Shakespeare this was my FIRST Shakespeare audition.  It was quite interesting. I cold read three scene's from the play with a few other actor, and each time I was a GUY. Being the musical loving, girly-girl that I am it was actually very good for me to have that opportunity to partake in something that was a bit unusual for me, and help me step out of my box. Therefore I would not mind being cast as a guy.  I rather enjoy Shakespeare, even though Musical Theater will forever have my heart <3 I will not know whether or not I was cast next week (YIKES!). I am crossing my fingers! I really do want the experience of performing in a Shakespeare play.

   In other news, I heard that there is going to be a new reality show to cast a new GLEE character.  I REALLY do not want REALITY SHOWS to over shadow a LEGIT audition process.  I know they are entertaining to watch, but  it's hard to take them seriously all the time. Over the past few years I have heard about reality shows to cast a MARIA for a London production of THE SOUND OF MUSIC. I have also sat down to watch reality shows used to cast the leads in  GREASE and LEGALLY BLONDE that were televised years ago. While I enjoyed watching them at the time, the more I think about it the more I think they risk making a mockery of the overall casting process at times. I know others may obviously disagree, but hey, that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment