Welcome to the life of a young lady who's life and heart belongs to the arts.
Friday, January 21, 2011
MOVIE MUSICALS
Over that past few years MOVIE MUSICALS have been increasing in popularity. Several are already in the talking stages for just this year alone. Some of these movie musicals include IN THE HEIGHTS, and AMERICAN IDIOT. Also, just yesterday I heard about the possibilty of two more MOVIE MUSICAL REMAKES; a remake of ANNIE starring WILLOW SMITH, as well as a remake of A STAR IS BORN starring BEYONCE. I find the possibly of both of these remakes really EXCITING ! I adore both WILLOW SMITH and BEYONCE. BEYONCE is my IDOL! She was AMAZING in DREAMGIRLS. I must say, as far as movie musicals go DREAMGIRLS is probably my favorite, even though there are many that I rather enjoy. RENT is another one of my favorites. But I do want to make one thing clear, as much I love MOVIE MUSICALS, they can not be a replacement for the live stage version of a show. You will never hear me say "Oh, I saw that on FILM, I don't need to see that on stage". Most of the time, after I see a MOVIE MUSICAL, I wonder what it would be like live. Another movie musical that I look foward to seeing, along with the new ones mentioned above, is the remake of FOOTLOOSE that should be released in the near future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment