Monday, January 10, 2011

HITS, FLOPS, AND INBETWEEN!

SUREFIRE  HIT!
I have read several Tweets lately about the fact that ABC is working on developing  "WICKED" mini series with SELMA HAYEK producing. My guess is that the series will be big a hit much like book, and the Musical  that it will revolve around.  Especially if it is cast right.  If I were HAYEK I would lock in KRISTEN CHENOWETH for GLINDA (because she totally adorable, she originated the role, and she has both film and stage experience.  Next I would lock in IDINA MENDZEL as ELPHABA, for the same reasons as I put for CHENOWETH ;). Then finally I would try and lock in TAYE DIGGS for FIYERO, not only because of his large amount of film and stage experience, but because of the chemistry that he is bound to have with his wife MENDZE :) If MENDZEL and DIGGS couldn't do it, I would cast MICHELLE FEDERER and her hubby NORBERT LEO BUTZ, not only because of their talent, and chemistry, but their familiarity with material. Can't wait to see what ABC does with this eight part mini series :)

LIKELY TO BE A HIT!
Thanks to The Andy Gram.com, I found out that a new musical will becoming to Broadway in the Fall. That Musical is called ONCE, which is based on a film by the same name which came out in 2007.  It seems to me that ONCE is most likely going to be a hit given the fact that, not only is the films it's based on Award Winning, but the cast will also consist of award winning performers. Not to mention that  fact that the description I read about, make it sound adorably romantic. So, it looks like this is a show that I am going to have to put on my must see list.

SURPRISE HIT!
It sounds like SPIDERMAN: TURN OFF THE DARK, has been bringing in big bucks, despite previous issues with injuries on set. Looks like I originally underestimated the impact of that show . . .

FLOP!
I heard DRACULA: The Musical closed after 9 performances! and that was just in an off-Broadway showing! Sadly, sounds like a flop to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment